On this day in 1993 one of the biggest baseball stars of the 1990’s and 2000’s was drafted in the MLB Draft. The Seattle Mariners used their #1 overall pick in 1993 to draft Alex Rodriguez. Rodriguez was drafted after his senior year of high school where he played at Westminster Christian High School. He was a highly touted player during high school, hitting .419 over 100 games. He would go on to be the highest paid baseball player at the time when he signed a 10 year $252 million deal with the Texas Rangers in 2000. Rodriguez also became the youngest player to reach 500 career home runs at age 32.
- RT @ovppodcast: Episode 31 Now Available!! Get it on #SoundCloud #iTunes #GooglePlay and #Stitcher! #WWE #Retro #Wrestling #Podcast https:… 10 months ago
- RT @WHWMonday: Which WCW Pay-Per-View from 1998 do YOU want @tonyschiavone24 to discuss on the next WHAT HAPPENED WHEN Monday on @MLW? #W… 10 months ago
- RT @Super70sSports: Delino DeShields signed with Montreal in 1987 after they met his contract demand of the "tallest goddamn hat ever." htt… 10 months ago
- The Longest Major League Baseball Game Ever americansportshistory.com/2013/06/09/the… 10 months ago
- @pokuss Maybe in the future Jimmy 10 months ago
- American Sports History Podcast Coming Soon!
- Russell Westbrook: Triple-Double King 2016-17 Season
- History Now: The Golden State Warriors Tie The 1995-96 Chicago Bulls Season Wins Record At 72
- History Now: Stephen Curry Breaks His Own Single Season 3-Point Record Again!
- History Now: Peyton Manning Claims All-Time Passing Record