On this day in 1993 one of the biggest baseball stars of the 1990’s and 2000’s was drafted in the MLB Draft. The Seattle Mariners used their #1 overall pick in 1993 to draft Alex Rodriguez. Rodriguez was drafted after his senior year of high school where he played at Westminster Christian High School. He was a highly touted player during high school, hitting .419 over 100 games. He would go on to be the highest paid baseball player at the time when he signed a 10 year $252 million deal with the Texas Rangers in 2000. Rodriguez also became the youngest player to reach 500 career home runs at age 32.
- History Now:… americansportshistory.com/2016/04/10/his… https://t.co/JyED0YAXCI 1 year ago
- History Now: Stephen Curry Breaks His Own Single Season 3-Point Record Again! americansportshistory.com/2016/02/27/his… 1 year ago
- The History Of The Three-Point Line In The NBA wp.me/p2gsAh-mL americansportshistory.com/2014/02/13/the… https://t.co/2FT7U8Nm3Z 1 year ago
- History Now: Peyton Manning Claims All-Time Passing Record americansportshistory.com/2015/11/15/his… https://t.co/5C4lv0wC7Z 1 year ago
- Wrigley Field - "Turn On The Lights!" americansportshistory.com/2015/08/08/wri… http://t.co/QMnwCRkDEf 1 year ago
- History Now: The Golden State Warriors Tie The 1995-96 Chicago Bulls Season Wins Record At 72
- History Now: Stephen Curry Breaks His Own Single Season 3-Point Record Again!
- History Now: Peyton Manning Claims All-Time Passing Record
- Wrigley Field – “Turn On The Lights!”
- “Man Of Steal”- Rickey Henderson And His Career Stolen Bases Record